10 thing obama won’t say:
1. It’s not Bush’s fault. I’ve been your President for almost two years. If you want to be angry at someone, I’m your man.
2. I was wrong. I took your money, billions of dollars of it. And you don’t have the jobs to show for it. Nothing was shovel-ready, and unemployment is well over 8%. My approach didn’t work, and I’m changing course to make things right.
3. They’re not isolated extremists or man-caused disasters. They’re violent, lethal terrorists who want to kill Americans and destroy everything we stand for. When it comes to defeating terrorism, all options are on the table.
4. America is exceptional in a way that no other country is. We have proudly been the leader in protecting liberty around the world, and I’m honored to be Commander-in-Chief of this “one nation under God.”
5. It’s time to repeal and replace. It’s clear that Americans want health care reform. It’s also clear that you don’t want the law we’ve built. I respect the will of the people, and I’m ready to go back to the drawing board.
6. Throwing the word ‘racist’ around is irresponsible. It’s a serious word with serious implications that should be reserved for legitimate cases. Media, that doesn’t include labeling everyone who disagrees with me a racist.
7. People have been taxed enough already. That includes joint filers earning $250,000 or more a year. It also includes individuals earning $200,000 or more a year, some of whom likely worked many eighteen-hour days making practically nothing to get where they are today. It’s time to put your money back in your hands. That’s why I’m extending the Bush tax cuts for everyone.
8. There’s nothing unclear about the word ‘illegal.’ To condone illegal immigration is to condone breaking the law. I stand with Governor Brewer.
9. Peace through strength is the only answer. The world is a safer place when America is strong. It is my number-one priority to keep her that way.
10. The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people. It’s time for the federal government to take a step back, perform the jobs it is constitutionally meant to do, and get the heck out of your way. Your Constitution is like toilet paper, tear it apart piece by piece soon you don’t have enough to wipe your ass effectively.
The American people made their voice heard in yesterday’s elections, tossing out a liberal majority fixated on ideology over solutions. They have not been shy about expressing their desire for solutions to the very real challenges we face today in economic, fiscal and security areas. Fast forward to today’s political reality. With a clear voice, the American people have rejected the democratic approach. At least 60 new Republicans in the House is an opportunity for the President to close the book the last two years of his presidency, we will not negotiate his values as a socialist what we must do is illuminate the faulted health care bill and restructure America so that the great people of this country will have dignity and be able to hold our heads high in the face of the worlds political seasons.
People really amaze me, they challenge my faith because of my choice in candidates, and they challenge my loyalty to my country because I think that people should have to work for a living. They call me a racist for me standing up for my rights; do I deny you health care and or housing? NO I do not..The arrogance of lazy people to actually think that I need to break my back to pay for all of these social programs, people in this country are angry. Tea Parties, The Birthers, and bloggers, this is a deep and visceral anger that is beyond reason. You can show the Pro’s to social programs all you want but facts are facts “People are tired of being the working /walking pay check for these “programs”.
We’re talking about the Herald <spew>News of Oct. 12.
With unemployment near 12%, coupled with the fact that this particular problem has been carried for far too long in the way of photo-ops for our elected officials, the question “what were they thinking?” just screams out to be answered.
I, for one, was under the impression that, at nearly 12% unemployed, ANY story related to jobs in this area would be headline worthy.
And this particular problem, unfair labor practices, as well as low wages, has been mostly ignored by our politicians. The same politicians that pimp us out at minimum wage, to billion dollar companies, write legislation to protect employers while reimbursing them. This gives those companies the money to buy these politicians by way of campaign contributions.
Could it be that the Warehouse Workers for Justice, in causing so much grief for our state representatives, has illuminated the bias of this newspaper? If I remember correctly, the last time this subject was broached, it was in fact the headline, but with our representatives getting all the glory of the front page, complete with pictures.
We here at Will County Watcher, feel that the Warehouse Workers for Justice should have been equally promoted, especially given the fact that they are actually DOING something to improve the lives of the citizens of all of Illinois.
With the mid-term elections close at hand, our local newspapers should be informing their readers of the actions (or in this case, INACTIONS) of state representatives.
Council may vote to cut pay for incoming members
The Joliet City Council could vote next month on a 5 percent pay cut for all incoming council members who are elected in April in an effort to save tax dollars.
The Finance Committee voted this week to make the recommendation. The committee’s chairman, Tim Brophy, who is running for re-election in the 2nd District, had proposed the 5 percent cut in the past two city council meetings.
“I think it’s important that the council makes a statement about what’s going forward,” said Brophy, who was appointed Tuesday as chair of the committee, replacing Tony Uremovic, who retired from the council in late August. “We’re going to have to start with ourselves. Call it grandstanding. Call it leadership.”
City council members earn $20,000 a year. Current council members would not be affected, until re-election, according to the recommendation. City ordinance prohibits changes in pay for sitting members. The council’s five district council members are up for re-election April 5.
Brophy also suggested at-large council members, who are not up for re-election, could voluntarily give up 5 percent of their salary.
The city is facing a $30 million budget deficit as they enter their budget process for the 2011 fiscal year. A final budget is expected to be finalized in December.
In a past city council meeting, Councilwoman Jan Hallums-Quillman, who is running for mayor, suggested a 10 percent salary cut. She attended the finance committee meeting and suggested council members be paid per meeting. But, committee members decided that would be difficult to calculate since council members attend various committee meetings and have outside obligations.
The city council has two more meetings in October to vote on the issue before early November deadline to affect the incoming council members.
Don’t you just love how they decide to pass the BUCK ??? In this case, the BUCK stays put until WE ( the present council) have left with ours.
Most people are either a Democrat by design, or a Democrat by deception. That is either they were well aware the racist history of the Democrat Party and still chose to be Democrat, or they were deceived into thinking that the Democratic Party is a party that sincerely cared about Black people.
History reveals that every piece of racist legislation that was ever passed and every racist terrorist attack that was ever inflicted on African Americans, was initiated by the members of the Democratic Party. From the formation of the Democratic Party in 1792 to the Civil Rights movement of 1960′s, Congressional records show the Democrat Party passed no specific laws to help Blacks, every law that they introduced into Congress was designed to hurt blacks in 1894 Repeal Act. The chronicles of history shows that during the past 160 years the Democratic Party legislated Jim Crows laws, Black Codes and a multitude of other laws at the state and federal level to deny African Americans their rights as citizens.
History reveals that the Republican Party was formed in 1854 to abolish slavery and challenge other racist legislative acts initiated by the Democratic Party.
Some called it the Civil War, others called it the War Between the States, but to the African Americans at that time, it was the War Between the Democrats and the Republicans over slavery. The Democrats gave their lives to expand it, Republican gave their lives to ban it.
During the Senate debates on the Ku Klux Klan Act of 1871, it was revealed that members of the Democratic Party formed many terrorist organizations like the Ku Klux Klan to murder and intimidate African Americans voters. The Ku Klux Klan Act was a bill introduced by a Republican Congress to stop Klan Activities. Senate debates revealed that the Klan was the terrorist arm of the Democratic Party.
History reveals that Democrats lynched, burned, mutilated and murdered thousands of blacks and completely destroyed entire towns and communities occupied by middle class Blacks, including Rosewood, Florida, the Greenwood District in Tulsa Oklahoma, and Wilmington, North Carolina to name a few.
After the Civil War, Democrats murdered several hundred black elected officials (in the South) to regain control of the southern government. All of the elected officials up to 1935 were Republicans. As of 2004, the Democrat Party (the oldest political party in America) has never elected a black man to the United States Senate, the Republicans have elected three.
History reveals that it was Thaddeus Stevens, a Radical Republican that introduced legislation to give African Americans the so-called 40 acres and a mule and Democrats overwhelmingly voted against the bill. Today many white Democrats are opposed to paying African Americans trillions of dollars in Reparation Pay, money that should be paid by the Democratic Party.
History reveals that it was Abolitionists and Radical Republicans such as Henry L. Morehouse and General Oliver Howard that started many of the traditional Black colleges, while Democrats fought to keep them closed. Many of our traditional Black colleges are named after white Republicans.
Congressional records show it was Democrats that strongly opposed the passage of the 13th, 14th and 15th Amendments. These three Amendments were introduced by Republicans to abolish slavery, give citizenship to all African Americans born in the United States and, give Blacks the right to vote.
Congressional records show that Democrats were opposed to passing the following laws that were introduced by Republicans to achieve civil rights for African Americans, so in truth the real Tea party members should be Black Americans first. History proves it’s self.