10 thing obama won’t say:
1. It’s not Bush’s fault. I’ve been your President for almost two years. If you want to be angry at someone, I’m your man.
2. I was wrong. I took your money, billions of dollars of it. And you don’t have the jobs to show for it. Nothing was shovel-ready, and unemployment is well over 8%. My approach didn’t work, and I’m changing course to make things right.
3. They’re not isolated extremists or man-caused disasters. They’re violent, lethal terrorists who want to kill Americans and destroy everything we stand for. When it comes to defeating terrorism, all options are on the table.
4. America is exceptional in a way that no other country is. We have proudly been the leader in protecting liberty around the world, and I’m honored to be Commander-in-Chief of this “one nation under God.”
5. It’s time to repeal and replace. It’s clear that Americans want health care reform. It’s also clear that you don’t want the law we’ve built. I respect the will of the people, and I’m ready to go back to the drawing board.
6. Throwing the word ‘racist’ around is irresponsible. It’s a serious word with serious implications that should be reserved for legitimate cases. Media, that doesn’t include labeling everyone who disagrees with me a racist.
7. People have been taxed enough already. That includes joint filers earning $250,000 or more a year. It also includes individuals earning $200,000 or more a year, some of whom likely worked many eighteen-hour days making practically nothing to get where they are today. It’s time to put your money back in your hands. That’s why I’m extending the Bush tax cuts for everyone.
8. There’s nothing unclear about the word ‘illegal.’ To condone illegal immigration is to condone breaking the law. I stand with Governor Brewer.
9. Peace through strength is the only answer. The world is a safer place when America is strong. It is my number-one priority to keep her that way.
10. The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people. It’s time for the federal government to take a step back, perform the jobs it is constitutionally meant to do, and get the heck out of your way. Your Constitution is like toilet paper, tear it apart piece by piece soon you don’t have enough to wipe your ass effectively.
JOLIET – City Councilman Timothy Brophy is working as a real estate agent for a downtown condominium project that received a package of incentives last month.
Brophy abstained from a vote on the incentives and did not comment as the council discussed the project, which has had city support since 2007.
Seems to me that this is going to be the biggest waste of Brophy’s and the rest of the city councils time, time that could be utilized to obtaining commitments of maybe employers bringing jobs to Joliet Illinois. Who the hell wants to live in a condo in Joliet to begin with, Look Crabigales closed and many others are just hanging by a thread in this economy.
What Brophy and the rest of the council should do is? ‘” Do what they was elected to do” Get Jobs for Joliet and get employers to come here by lowering taxes, we have a great labor base that is sitting doing nothing in this economy….Brophy’s and the Joliet city council head has been there ass for to long, maybe they should just cut a big fart and dislodge it.
Condos near Evergreen terrace…What a laugh. Is there Tax dollars for this? How would condo owners like to see Section 8 housing right across from them and the crime that goes along with it.
inside source states attorney office: transcripts of 6:45 March 07/08/03 Will county Police
A call came in to the Will County Sheriff’s Office at 6:45 pm the anonymous caller spoke with the on duty officer.
Officer: “Yes. What can I do for you?”
an anonymous caller “I’m calling to report my neighbor Virgil Sith…. He’s hiding Marijuana inside his firewood! the caller stated, I Do not know how he puts it inside the logs, but he’s hiding it there and they are in the shed in back of his home.”
The on duty officer reported what he had been told by the caller to his superiors, So today march 9th 2007, the Sheriff’s Deputies and the States attorney descend on Virgil’s home in the 1400 block of Jefferson St in Joliet Illinois. They search the shed out back of Virgil’s home where the firewood was kept, using axes, they busted open every piece of wood in Virgil’s shed, but did not find marijuana. After 3 1/2 hours grilling the suspect Virgil Sith, Not finding no probable cause for arrest, they sneer at Virgil and leave.
Shortly after the Police and the States attorney left, the phone rings at Virgil’s home. The states attorney and one Will county officer was now enforcing a wire tap on Virgil’s home 3 blocks away; the Unknown caller said:
“Unknown caller (whispering)…. Did the Sheriff show up.
Virgil: Yea and they brought the States attorney too?”
Unknown caller: “What did they do”?
Virgil: They came with a warrant and busted up all of my wood in my shed and I don’t know why?”
Unknown caller: “Well I told you I would help you with that job of splitting the wood!” “Happy Birthday, buddy!”
“Note this just a joke and never really happened“.
Turner claimed he telephoned attorney Richard J. Kavanagh at the lawyer’s home and engaged in a “lengthy discussion” regarding deficiencies in Bozen and Fracaro’s nominating papers and his legal options in regard to them.
Turner asked that Kavanagh and lawyers in his firm, as well as Chicago attorney Michael E. Lavelle and lawyers in his firm, be disqualified from representing Bozen or Trivedi, due to a conflict.
Meantime, The voters suffer thru the baby games, I guess that this is being treated like some little school yard fight, What’s next, are you going to yell..Quit touching me.
Listen to: Scott Slocum
In no way is Scott Slocum or WJOL associated with this bog
This is about a story I read today in the herald news about Jesse Jackson Jr and I find my self wondering what about the words I and many people are still called today like: Cracker, Honky, Spik, Wet back, and many others, who champions the fight to get these derogatory words removed from the publics mouths.
When I was younger I remember books removed from the schools library like: To Kill a Mockingbird, Scarlet Pimpernel, Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, And Then There Were None and many others, why were these books removed from the library because of the Nigger word?
Think about the term Cracker: Usage of the term “cracker” generally differs from “hick” and “hillbilly” because crackers reject or resist assimilation into the dominant culture, while hicks and hillbillies theoretically are isolated from the dominant culture. In this way, the cracker is similar to the redneck. In the black community, “cracker” is a disparaging term for whites, now is mainly use to call a person stupid because of the referance to Hillbilly.
How about these terms: Spic, also spelled spik, spick, or spig, is an ethnic slur used in the United States and United Kingdom for a person from Latin America or of Latino/Hispanic descent, sometimes including Spanish and Brazilian persons.
Why is it that a man like Jesse Jackson Jr wants to keep a fight going that started over a hundred years ago? Can it be that Hunger, world famine or world issues don’t matter. are we that petty as a society that we worry about a word a single word.
What’s next we call our momma’s and say there picking on me….LOL
Its guys like Jesse Jackson Jr and The Neo-Nazi’s wannabes causing a fight because it is what sells papers and keeps up an argument, it is an argument that really has no merit. I currently am fighting my own prejudices and admitingly I have use the N-word a time or 2 and many others.
God don’t make strait trees and I am not perfect, but till all derogatory statements cease and people become enlightened it is going to keep happening.
I remember back a few years ago when local gangs The Latin Kings and The ViceLords went to war over something that someone said, it was only words and a couple of kids died.
It is the stupid things we as humans fight over, But the N-Word is just that just a word like any other word, so let us all cry together and be babies about it; somebody called me a NAME.